Wednesday 14 August 2013

Music on Sunday

The Helferty Family played at the park in Renfrew on Sunday afternoon.

It's a beautiful setting....and it was a beautiful day.



But the music made it even more beautiful.  Their voices are dreamy.


I have watched these kids grow up and become young adults.  I babysat these kids.  I used to play games with them and change their diapers. 


I'm related to them.  They are my cousins.....their mom and dad are my aunt and uncle.



I love them.


If you want to hear them....you can find them on youtube.  Molly has her own channel here.  Catherine and Rachel belong to a group called The Four Quarters and you can find them here.
Christine and Molly belong to a group called The Four Strong Winds and you can find them here.

During the concert we enjoyed some cotton candy.....and lots of snacks.  We actually had a party on the lawn....but don't worry....we cleaned it all up!

 
And the kids had some fun on the swinging bridge.  They shook it up so much that they scared themselves.....and me.
 
 
 
We also did lots of visiting.....and we got to meet the newest little Helferty!
 
Good times.  Good memories.
 
Brenda 

7 comments:

  1. Hello :) This is one of the greatest blog posts I've read in a while ^_^

    Thank you!
    And greetings from sunny Bulgaria! :)

    One more small thing - it was a great idea to promote Molly's and The Four Quarters' YouTube channels - thank you for that too :D But maybe Christine and Molly's group, The Fours Strong Winds, deserved a similar mention and link to its channel too. You probably know they recently reunited for a couple of performances around town ^_^ I know mentioning them would mean promoting Molly on YouTube twice, but if someone deserves that, it's her, isn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *The Four Strong Winds (sorry, typo)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words Christomir! You must be a HUGE fan!
      I have updated the post to include a link to The Four Strong Winds....I shouldn't have left them out! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos. Like Christomir, I am a huge fan of the two quartets from SJCHS in Renfrew. You are so lucky to have a family of entertainers like the Helferty's in the community. Even from 1500 miles away, the images and videos on the internet paint a picture of a truly remarkable and talented family. Jim Roomsburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the post Jim. Thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. It was great seeing you and lots of the Andrews in attendance!

    Wish we could of chatted some more, and I had a chance to say Hi to your dad and sister! I was able to talk to your mom for a bit.

    Hopefully, Lily didn't eat all your snacks!

    I found it funny what I saw in the waste receptacle on our way out. It was a former cotton candy bag used to house the empty juice boxes and snack wrapper like ours. You can tell there were a couple of families with kids in attendance!

    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you Susy....and all your family. Baby Joseph is beautiful!
      That was my garbage that you saw in the bin! I was so thankful to have the cotton candy bags to put everything into....I knew that there had to have been a reason for them to 'have to get' the cotton candy!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.