Monday 1 September 2014

The 'Back to School' Party

My Grandma always used to have a 'Back to School' party.  She would cook us a turkey dinner and all the cousins would have a great time together.  I looked forward to the party....but not really to what it meant.  Summer was over.

Somehow it feels like only yesterday that we were heading to Grandma's for the party...but it's actually been over 20 years ago now.  I'm not sure how that happened.

Anyways, my Mom has now started the tradition again....a day for all of us to get together....and celebrate 'Back to School'....only no one was really 'celebrating' that.


There was a good game of football after supper.


I'm not sure who was having more fun....the 'big' kids or the younger kids.


Johanna has always loved to play with the boys.


There was also swimming and kite flying and baseball.

Tomorrow will be a rude awakening.

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. : ) Looks like a lot of fun!

    All of my family find it strange that I'm going to miss the girls when they start school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one to miss the kids! It's hard getting back into the routine of school. We are hoping for lots of snow days......

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.