Wednesday 7 January 2015

The News.

Okay.  It's the top news story....
It's cold outside.  Really cold.  Extremely cold.  I think it's minus forty or something with the windchill.

But Lydia just asked me for a popsicle.....so all is well.

In other news...
Terry and the boys have been keeping an eye on a heifer for the last week.  The alarm clock was set for 1 a.m. just so he would wake up and go out and check on her.  She is going to calve.  Maybe I should go and have a chat with her....keep it in hun if you can....you don't want to be having a baby in this weather.

And in other news....
I took the Sequence game out to the school for Sophie to play during recess.  That should make things a little better for her.  They definitely won't be going outside today.  I'd love to see her sitting around with her friends with the piles of poker chips in front of them.  I'm sure I'll hear all about it when she gets home.

And in other news...
I made these for the window. 


They were really easy to make.  It's just pipe cleaners with beads.

I made this one for Johanna....she can hang it in the window in her room where she teaches fiddle and step dancing at the other farmhouse.


I made this picture too.  It's just white paint....I used my fingers....on blue construction paper.  I just let the paint dry and then I added the details and drew the picture.


In other news....
Terry bought me WHITE hot chocolate mix.  Actually it's called "Heavenly white hot chocolate."  And it is.

In other news....
Lydia bought this shirt with some of her Christmas money.


She has been wanting this shirt for a couple of months.  It suits her perfectly.  It's got some 'glam' with the tie covered in sequins.  Of course, Jack thought it looked ridiculous.  I told him that it was the 'style'....and that I wore a necktie at one time too.  Only it was tartan and ugly.  But it was the 'style' of the time.  I think I was in grade 4.

In other news.....
I got Sophie and Lydia to fill in a questionnaire of random things about themselves.  I wanted to put it in with my Christmas Treasury book that I've been keeping for the last 10 years.  One of the questions asked 'If you could have one wish, what would it be?'  Sophie answered "to have a hole bag of chips to myself."  Good answer.  Another question was "When I grow up I want to be...."  and she answered "a 4-H member."  Good answer.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.