Tuesday 3 February 2015

A Cake and a Pie

I did some baking on the weekend.

A sweet girl was turning 3 and needed a pink cake....even the inside!  So, I made a white cake and put some pink dye in it.

The other request was that it be musical.  Johanna had the idea to make the notes out of chocolate....and she planned it out and did them for me.  I told her that she may as well put them on the cake....since she made them....



She was going along and then I kind of freaked and told her that she was putting them upside down....but she knows more about music than I do....and she said that that was the way they were suppose to go.  It's a good thing I got her to do it!  I would have messed it all up.




Then I made a coconut cream pie.  Winter is a great time for me to try some new recipes...and this one is a keeper!  So yummy!


Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.