Wednesday 28 October 2015

Apple Pie in a Cake Pan

I did something mind blowing the other day.

MIND BLOWING.

I've made lots of apple pies....but this pie.

This pie has changed everything.

Pies don't have to be made in little round pans.

They don't have to spill over in your oven and make a mess.

They can be made in a 9X13 cake pan.

MIND BLOWING.

I don't know what gave me the idea to do it.  I was just rolling out pie crust minding my own business and suddenly I rolled out a big piece and put it in the cake pan.  I did it so it was big enough to go right up the sides.


Then I peeled and sliced up a ridiculous amount of apples.  I knew that this pie was not going to run over....I could just load it up as much as I wanted....and I did.  I mixed some sugar and cinnamon in with those apples and I piled it all up in the pan.


I didn't have anymore crust to put on top so I just made a crumb topping....flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.  It's the topping that I put on a dutch apple pie.

Then I baked it in the oven just like a regular apple pie.

Only I left it in a little bit longer than I should have because I needed to drive Grady to the milk barn and pick Johanna up after band practise.

But it didn't matter....it was still good.

This makes one HUGE  pie.  Which is perfect.....because otherwise I need to make a few pies.  We had leftovers with this pie.....simply unheard of around here.

It sliced up perfectly.  It was like you were eating cake....only it was pie.


It has changed my world.  I will be doing this again.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.