Thursday 4 February 2016

The Wobbly Cake. The Loose Tooth. The Big Egg.

It's been a week of cake.

I was asked to make this.


It's a wobbly cake.  Actually it's not.  When I was trying to figure out the best way to make it I kept searching online for a wobbly cake.....and I wasn't getting very far.

It's not a wobbly cake. 

It's a topsy turvy cake.  I think.


Anyways I made it.  I struggled a bit with that coloured fondant.  I've got a ways to go when it comes to fondant.  But I'm working on it.


I love how they added the crown to the top!


Then I tried making a cupcake bouquet.  I was thinking of doing pink/red icing for Valentine's.

Bad idea.  It's nearly impossible to get red buttercream icing.  I used the wilton red paste....but all I could get was orange.


It was suggested to leave it overnight and the icing would darken.  That's not going to happen when you have 6 people hovering over you asking if that's a mistake cupcake because it can be eaten....and why in heavens name do you have to take pictures of them??....just let us eat them!


After I posted those on Facebook, I was asked to make some swirly coloured ones.....



In other news Lydia has an extremely loose tooth.  I can't even look at it.

Loose teeth give me the heebie jeebies.

I can handle blood and guts and puke.....but loose teeth?

No thanks.

Johanna tried to get a string around it and pull it but the string came off....and the tooth is still in her head.


Hopefully it will come out tomorrow!

We got a super big egg the other day. 


It was a double yolker.  I feel a little sorry for that girl.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.